Makes: 8, Calories: 348, Time: 45 mins
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 350g self-raising flour. 1173
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g cold butter. 638
- 150g Greek natural full-fat yogurt. 180
- 4 tbsp milk. 30
- 250g cooked new potatoes, sliced. 203
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 135g mature Cheddar, grated. 560
- Heat oven to 200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Line large baking tray with parchment.
- In plastic bowl; Rub butter, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix in cheese, rosemary, and garlic. Make a well in middle.
- In small Pyrex bowl; Warm yogurt and milk in microwave for 1 min.
- Tip yogurt into flour and quickly cut in with a knife.
- Ball up. Turn out onto floured surface. Press out into large rectangle.
- Scatter on cooled potatoes. Knead briefly.
- Shape into 8" round on tray. Cut into 8.
- Separate and brush gently with milk.
- Bake for 25 mins until risen and golden.
- Best eaten just warm.
- Serve with Tomato and Basil Soup or Roast Pepper and Tomato Soup.
Calories = 2784
- 2784 / 8 = 348
Alternatively: Substitute 100g of potatoes for any combination of sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and roasted peppers.
Modified from Cheese Rosemary and Potato Loaf.