Makes: 12, Calories: 232
- 220g plain flour. 752
- 125g cold butter. 939
- 1.½ round tbsp (38g) icing sugar. 152
- 1 egg yolk. 60
- 1.½ tbsp cold water
- 300g mincemeat. 879
- Preheat oven to 170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Pastry: In large mixing bowl; Rub flour, butter and icing sugar to breadcrumb consistency. Add egg yolks and water, cut in with knife. Ball together.
- Flatten and wrap in plastic, chill for 30 mins minimum.
- Roll pastry to 3mm thick (green guide bands), use 4th fluted cutter up (8.5cm) to cut rounds. Use middle star cutter to cut equal number of stars.
- Re-roll, cut more rounds and stars.
- Roll a third time, cut more rounds and stars. Discard remaining pastry. Should make 12 total.
- Press rounds into tin divots. Place 1 domed tsp (30g) of mincemeat in each. Place stars on top.
- Bake for 22 mins.
Calories = 2782
- 2782 / 12 = 232
Tip: 1x 411g jar of mincemeat makes 12-15 pies.
Tip: Bake streusel-topped tarts on 150°C Fan/Gas Mark 3.½, for 25-30 mins. Blind bake pastry in 12/15cm tart tins for 10-15 mins first.