- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 50g custard powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 2 tsp essence)
- 50g light muscovado sugar. 200
- 25g dark muscovado sugar. 100
- 15g butter. 115
- 1 tbsp golden syrup. 93
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp essence). 17
- 1 pinch of salt
- 62ml double cream/Elmlea. 278
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 65g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp custard powder, sifted
- Caramel: In small saucepan; Place all ingredients except cream.
- Stir over gentle heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to rolling boil. Stir in cream off heat.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
- Biscuits: In large mixing bowl; Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in vanilla, flour and custard powder.
- Bring dough together. Add dash of water if necessary. Dough should be stiff.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to 3mm thick (green guide bands). Cut with 5cm (smallest) round cutter.
- Bake for 10 mins until golden, 15 per tray. Cool.
- Custard Cream: In large Pyrex bowl; Cream butter, icing sugar and custard powder.
- Fold in cold caramel.
- Sandwich cooled biscuits together in pairs, with caramel custard cream.