Serves: 12, Time: 1 hr 45 mins
- 500g pork sausage meat
- 50g dried apricot/cranberries, chopped
- 50g pistachios/cashews, chopped
- ½ Bramley apple, grated (or 1 Braeburn)
- 1.½ tsp dried sage
- 1.½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ lemon zest
- salt + pepper
- 100g chestnuts, chopped
- In large mixing bowl; Mix everything except chestnuts.
- Lay ½ of mix in 6" strip on foil sheet.
- Make groove along full length and lay in ½ of chestnuts. Seal in chestnuts to form a sausage.
- Wrap tightly in foil.
- Repeat for 1 more sausage.
- Bake at 180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 40 mins.
- Cool for 15 mins before unwrapping and slicing.
- Serve with Christmas or New Years dinner, Clementine Carrots, Honey Roast Parsnips, Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts and Gravy.
Tips: Make a day ahead and refrigerate overnight. Freeze 2nd sausage immediately.
(Defrost overnight in fridge before cooking.)
Note: Tried with chorizo filling instead of chestnuts, not to our taste!
Modified from Pork, Apricot and Apple Stuffing.