Serves: 4-6, Calories: 115, Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 tbsp veg oil. 124
- 1 onion, chopped. 50
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1.½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp garlic purée. 34
- 2 tsp ginger purée. 10
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cubed. 324
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 500g cauliflower, florets. 146
- 2 tsp dried leaf coriander
- 1 tsp sugar
- In sauté pan; Sauté onion, cumin, mustard seeds, garlic and ginger. In oil over medium heat. 1 min.
- Stir in potatoes, turmeric, paprika, garam masala and salt. Cover. Cook for 5 mins stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cauliflower, coriander and sugar. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Jalfrezi, Bombay Aloo or Baked Onion Bhajis.
Calories = 688
- 688 / 6 = 115
Tip: Add a bit of water while cooking covered to avoid drying out and help steam veg.
Tip: Add ½ can chopped tomatoes (or 2 fresh, chopped) for wetter dish. Traditionally it’s supposed to be dry.
Tip: Add 75g petit pois 5 mins from end for varied colour.