Serves: 6, Calories: 531, Time: 3 hrs
- 800g lean casserole steak. 1360
- 1600ml beef stock (2 Knorr stock pots). 120
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. 58
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 1 large onion, diced. 75
- 2 tsp garlic purée. 34
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 300ml full fat crème fraîche. 888
- 300g mushrooms, sliced. 24
- 150g dry macaroni. 524
- 2000ml boiling water
- 40ml cold water
- 30g flour. 102
- In sauté pan; Combine meat, stock, worcestershire sauce, herbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2.¼ hours, stir frequently. (Add 1500ml boiling water after 1 hour.)
- Add mushrooms, macaroni and 500ml boiling water. Simmer for 20 mins.
- In small bowl; Mix water and flour to form a slurry. Add. Stir. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Take off heat, stir in crème fraîche, OR, top to serve.
Calories = 3185
- 3185 / 6 = 531
Tip: Take crème fraîche out of fridge at start of cooking time to come upto room temp. Less likely to curdle.
Tip: Double macaroni for a more hearty meal!
Tip: Increase beef stock to 2400ml (3 stock pots) for more soup-like dish.